Yield Operations Specialist
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
Brainjolt is looking for a Yield Operations Specialist responsible for the strategic planning, placement and optimization of programmatic and exchange-based digital media. This candidate will have an advanced understanding of the programmatic ecosystem to help develop, grow and support Brainjolt’s programmatic strategy. As a Yield Ops Specialist you will develop creative solutions to drive results and revenue growth for our fast growing business. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of programmatic demand partners, and consulting on programmatic trading.
- Consulting with Director of Revenue, Ad Operations Manager, and Direct Sales on how to best utilize programmatic capabilities and providing consultative support to Direct Sales in closing PMP and guaranteed programmatic deals (i.e. First Look).
- Providing day-to-day optimization of Brainjolt revenue stack.
- Maximizing onsite yield management through various indirect monetization opportunities.
- Managing existing relationships and engaging demand-side vendors to expand revenue streams and opportunities; Developing and nurturing relationships with demand-side partners.
- Managing client relationships (Trading Desks) and campaigns (client teams) while addressing day-to-day needs of our audience targeting operation (display stack); upselling as appropriate.
- Driving innovative ways to leverage first and third party data sets both onsite and offsite to increase sales opportunities and improve campaign performance.
- Identifying and evaluating the right partners to help activate data assets in the display, video and mobile exchanges.
- Developing, optimizing and recommending new audience segments to capitalize on market demand and our data management platform (DMP) supply.
- Identifying valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc.
- Manage channel conflict, optimize Header and Ad Stack for best risk/reward scenarios.
- On-going analysis of new digital advertising technologies and evolution of the programmatic platform, making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Daily reporting of revenue, performance and leveraging data to optimize across entire stack.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience building/evolving the programmatic platform and managing monetization across multiple programmatic channels.
- Measureable success developing programmatic strategies and managing strategic partnerships including Header Bidding.
- Knowledge of data management technologies and third party data sources and platforms.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills and a zest for optimization.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals and driving new business with third party vendors, trading desks, and DSPs.
- Expert-level understanding of exchanges, RTB, and programmatic buying.
- A desire to continually learn, develop, and discover new opportunities in the ever-changing display ecosystem.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter and results driven mindset.