Web / UX Designer
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a highly organized, energetic graphic designer to work with a project manager and developer to take ideas and make them happen across Brainjolt’s sites and on new initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be extremely self-motivated and eager to work as a part of multiple teams. They will find joy in doing exciting creative work and then testing that work by the results. They will be scrappy, clever, curious, hard-working and excited to improve and adapt with a small, fast-growing company.
- Thoroughly understand the Brainjolt Way. Promote it via your clever design and imperturbable commitment to the data when judging your own work.
- Take personal responsibility for the appearance and user experience of Brainjolt’s brands.
- Design new features for all Brainjolt properties as assigned.
- Propose, test, and implement new design strategies to improve sites.
- Design and work with a project manager and developer to implement daily A/B tests across Brainjolt properties.
- Stay deep in the data. Make strategic decisions based on the numbers.
- 3+ years experience in web design.
- Possession of not just visual creativity but true cleverness.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proven ability to adapt personal preferences according to what works.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects — managing tasks, meeting deadlines, and avoiding undue stress.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients, and leadership.
- Innately technologically capable in general and up to date on industry technologies, in particular.
- Obvious natural interest in what’s new — in technology, publishing, web standards, and more.
- Strong working knowledge of…
- Excel and other Office products
- Google Drive
- Asana and other task management systems
- Inbox Zero
- Data Analysis
- Google Analytics
- A/B Testing
- History of sideways thinking.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.