Traffic Growth Analyst
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For…
The growth team is looking for a Traffic Growth Analyst who is going to change our traffic game for our digital brands (MagiQuiz, 22 Words, Happiness Heroes and Bad Parenting Moments). The analyst will help the team scale/manage our brands and bring new insights to help amplify our social organic growth.
This position requires someone who can hustle and is comfortable with pivoting. It will evolve quickly based on their attitude of ownership, strategic thinking, how meticulous they are with the data, and how often they communicate with the team. The ideal candidate will understand current paid traffic models, the importance of social organic growth and how engagement affects pricing. This includes a healthy amount of data analysis, a little design, building/researching social campaigns, QA, data entry for traffic reporting, and sharing social media insights with the team.
- Promote and publish high performing ad content.
- QA the content before pushing it to live, scaling only “winning” content.
- Include/select targeting (age, gender, and interests) before promoting.
- Hand select and schedule posts according to new and experienced content.
- Make recommendations and share insights to top performing creatives.
- Research and input demographic, interest and targeting data using Google Sheets.
- Content upload to influencer dashboards traffic doc from Google Analytics.
- Syndication calendar updates and tracking traffic from social partners.
- Syndication link posting to Facebook.
- Tracking daily email KPI reporting.
- Daily email/newsletter creation, scheduling and managing reporting.
Expectations and Requirements
- Excited about clicks, share rates, sessions and social media data in general.
- Laundry list of projects you have taken ownership/pride in/accountability.
- Not ashamed to be wrong and open for constructive criticism.
- A thirst to learn, adapt and pivot.
- No BS, punctual, dependable, accountable and a team player.
- Enjoys fact checking but is not a Jeopardy snob.
- Comfortable with Facebook Advertising, Google Adwords, Outbrain, RevContent, Google Analytics,
- Excel and Google Docs.
- Taking the data and creating a hypothesis and presenting/sharing their own personal insights.
- Highly quantitative. Enjoy analyzing user data – lots of it!
- History of sideways thinking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Happily work under pressure with all sorts of people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.