Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, SEO Analyst to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an SEO Analyst.
So, let’s get into the details…
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Work with the Product team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with Editorial and Audience Development teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Experience with Google services, including Analytics and Google’s Keyword Tool
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- Discover & evaluate organic competitors
- Proven SEO and SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing. (Additional Experience in non-traditional search engines preferred)
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- BS/MS degree in a quantitative, test-driven field
- An above-average level of interest in Google and passion for internet marketing
- Have a data-driven, analytical mind, and strong math skills
- Exquisite attention to detail, but not to the level of “paralysis by analysis”
- We are more concerned with your ability to speak intelligently about SEO than your diplomas/degrees or years of experience, although a Google AdWords or Google Analytics certification would certainly be a big plus.
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer