Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, people-focused Senior Editor to play a key role in pushing the business forward. How? By overseeing our content creation process and setting up high editorial standards across all of our brands.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need a Senior Editor.
The Senior Editor will oversee editorial processes across all four Brainjolt content brands. In collaboration with the Editor in Chief, the Senior Editor will assign and edit all stories, video scripts, and social posts to ensure they are engaging, lively, and original. The ideal candidate understands how to set up editorial processes that work smoothly, and encourage writers to create content that audiences love. They also understand that editing is more than fixing typos—it’s pushing writers to come up with unique pitches, find new angles, write killer ledes, and give readers a compelling experience overall.
Maintaining editorial calendar
- Line editing
- Running pitch meetings
- Trending and evergreen content creation
- Quiz creation
- Sponsored content creation
- Title testing
- Featured image testing
- Communication between Audience Development and Editorial Departments
- Comment moderation
- Audience interaction
- Tracking and conveying relevant data to the team
- Competitive analysis
- A/B testing
- Performance reviews
- Team motivation/inspiration/growth
- 5+ years of experience in digital media
- Exceptional line editing and proofreading skills
- Experience managing and growing an editorial team, providing mentoring support beyond freelance coordination.
- Experience writing and editing a wide variety of content (including blog posts, articles, podcasts, video scripts, social content, etc)
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Adept with Google analytics.
- Proven ability and desire to drive editorial decisions with data.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…