Digital Sales Director
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, Digital Sales Director to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an Art Director.
So, let’s get into the details…
• Responsible for developing and supporting the Brainjolt sales strategy across all platforms focused on agency and consumer (direct) targets
• Complete regular calls and sales pipeline reports
• Generate a minimum of $2.5 million in new business annually consisting of both Direct opportunities (Agency/Brand), PMP deals and other Business Development initiatives
• Provide superior customer service to clients
• Actively prospect via outbound sales calls
• Provide pipeline reporting, call reports, and business development opportunities in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
• Develop market intelligence data on competitive sell-through by understanding and identifying trends within emerging and social media
• Work with editorial teams, and integrated marketing solutions development on developing and executing creative ideas
• Work with Ad Operations to ensure campaigns are optimized and exceed client expectations
• Support video, mobile, and social media online advertising initiatives
• Conduct extensive market research on online advertising and identify relevant market trends
• Other related duties as given by management
• Here is a completely inadequate attempt to describe how we’re currently picturing the “right person”…
• Solid Advertising or Marketing background; preferably with the buying side of Digital Media
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Digital Advertising Sales selling to both agencies and direct brands for content-driven initiatives and social media opportunities
• Thorough knowledge of Digital Advertising standards, practices and technologies
• Well established contacts with both corporate accounts and Advertising Agencies
• Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects simultaneously, prioritize and delegate
• Organized and results-oriented self-starter with a dedicated work ethic and collaborative style
• Skilled at developing and maintaining client and agency relationships, media planning and buying, and negotiations
• Entrepreneurial ability to approach the challenges and opportunities of working in a dynamic industry
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Sharp communication and presentation skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer