Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the Internet. In order to do that, we are constantly building new things, testing new features and exploring big ideas. As a QA Analyst on the product team, you will be part of the entire development life cycle, from a new feature being proposed for engineering to ensuring what we ship meets our extremely high standards. You’ll also play a key role in monitoring the advertisements that run on our products, ensuring that the user experience is never compromised.
So, let’s get into the details…
- Be a champion for our user experience and software quality
- Test product performance and usability
- Work closely with internal teams to identify and document bugs
- Perform exploratory, ad hoc and focused testing on our products across various platforms
- Ensure that bugs, defects and compromises to the user experience are thoroughly logged with all supporting and relevant data
- Create, maintain, and execute against a series of test cases. Provide insight into key metrics on test runs to the product and engineering team
- Become an expert on the intricate details of how our products work (both internally and externally)
- Work closely with Ad Operations team to ensure that new and existing ad campaigns don’t compromise the user experience, or negatively effect our advertisers value
- Actively help improve our QA process every day
- At least 2 years experience in a QA or equivalent role with hands-on experience testing web products
- A good understanding of software product lifecycles
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized, meet strict deadlines and exhibit great follow-through
- No hand-holding, because you thrive in a fast-paced environment
Familiarity with various social and digital reporting tools, including platforms directly
- Paid media experience on Facebook, Instagram
- Track record of championing a culture of data-informed decision making and operations
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So, in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer