Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a highly organized, energetic team player to take responsibility for all projects across Brainjolt’s properties and within the team. This is a mid-level position with a strong focus on planning projects, tracking tasks, motivating team members, and communicating with the team and company leadership. Success will be measured by how quickly, proactively, effectively, and happily projects are completed.
The ideal candidate will be extremely self-motivated and eager to both oversee a team as well as put their head down and accomplish tasks on their own. They will find joy in checking projects off the list, both big and small. They will be scrappy, clever, curious, hard-working and excited to improve and adapt with a small, fast-growing company.
- Thoroughly understand the Brainjolt Way. Promote it via your supremely effective project management.
- Take personal responsibility for all major projects (and many other minor ones) across Brainjolt.
- Define success for every project and then track the relevant metrics.
- Maintain clear and accurate project plans and statements of work for every major project.
- Create and coordinate teams to complete projects as necessary.
- Proactively manage project schedules, making sure everyone involved know their tasks and deadlines.
- Maintain constant, personable, and clear communication with clients, company leadership, coworkers, and contractors.
- Work closely and with in-house teams and contractors on all aspects of project necessary to complete it quickly, correctly, and innovatively.
- Oversee thorough QA with complete projects. Ensure any problems/bugs are fixed quickly.
- Uncover and solve inefficiencies. Implement new tools and strategies to improve business processes across Brainjolt.
- Stay deep in the data. Make strategic decisions based on the numbers. Offer analysis and reporting as needed.
- Partner with leadership to solve complex business problems.
- At least 3 years experience as a project manager or similar role.
- Proven success in all stages of completing complex projects — conception, design, development, testing, and finally shipping.
- Proven skills and experience in managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Able to thrive under the stress and demands that come with numerous projects hinging on you.
- Obsessively detail-oriented…in a helpful way.
- Experience running A/B tests and then analyzing the date to determine the value and success of projects.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients, and leadership.
- Innately technologically capable.
- Obvious natural interest in what’s new — in technology, publishing, web standards, and more.
- Strong working knowledge of…
- Excel and other Office products
- Google Drive
- Asana and other task management systems
- Inbox Zero
- Data Analysis
- Google Analytics
- A/B Testing
- Basic working knowledge of
- Web development
- Development methodologies
- Quality assurance
- The viral web
- Social media
- Viral content
- Branded content
- Email marketing
- Web development
- BS/BA required, ideally in a technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- History of sideways thinking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.