Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the Internet. In order to do that, we are constantly building new things, testing new features and exploring big ideas. As a Full Stack Engineering on the product team, you’ll help us execute on all of the ideas we have in our backlog. You’ll undertake the challenges of planning, building, optimizing, and managing the functionality of all Brainjolt’s properties.
What you’ll do:
- Take responsibility of site development across all of Brainjolt’s properties
- Take the lead in developing all new sites launched through Brainjolt
- Work with every department in the company to brainstorm new and exciting web-based strategies that will help them accomplish their goals
- Design, build, test, and implement these across Brainjolt sites
- Be hands-on with QA across all sites on all devices and browsers, especially upon any feature or site launch
- Continuously ideate, build, run, report on, and implement the results of multiple A/B tests
- Identify and implement ways to improve our engineering processes
What you’ll need:
- You’re an all-around pro whose work experience makes the idea of you building and improving some of the biggest sites in the country almost a no-brainer.
- Expert knowledge of our stack: LAMP plus HTML, CSS, JS, and WordPress.
- Deep functional knowledge of Google Analytics, Redshift, and other tools for data analysis
- Experience with various ad implementations, including working with DFP, 3rd party vendor configurations, and diagnosing ‘rogue’ ads.
- Expertise in creating, measuring, reporting on, and implementing A/B tests
- Strong communication skills. You easily and eagerly keep all relevant parties in the know about your projects.
- A love of data, both instrumenting and analyzing.
- Strong working knowledge of…
- Google Suite (Analytics, Optimize, Sheets, etc)
- Pivotal Tracker
- Agile Methodologies
- Natural interest in what’s new – in technology, publishing, web standards, and more.
- A deep passion for user experience. You strive to build things people love.
- History of sideways thinking.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…