Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
Brainjolt is looking for a developer with experience in building and overseeing sites with massive traffic. The ideal Developer will eagerly undertake the challenges of planning, building, optimizing, and managing the functionality of all of Brainjolt’s properties.
He or she will be a proven engineer with a knack for tinkering, problem-solving, and — above all — testing. They will be a unique combination of people person (because we’re a team) and numbers obsessed (because we live and die by the data) who is eager to put their skills to work innovating and executing remarkable strategies across Brainjolt’s sites.
- Take responsibility of site maintenance across all of Brainjolt’s properties.
- Take the lead in developing all new sites launched through Brainjolt.
- Work with every department in the company to brainstorm new and exciting web-based strategies that will help them accomplish their goals.
- Design, build, test, and implement these across Brainjolt sites.
- Be hands-on with QA across all sites on all devices and browsers, especially upon any feature or site launch.
- Continuously ideate, build, run, report on, and implement the results of multiple A/B tests.
- You are an all-around pro whose work experience makes the idea of you building and improving some of the biggest sites in the country almost a no-brainer.
- You are an expert in JS, HTML, CSS, PHP, and WordPress.
- You have a deep functional knowledge of Google Analytics and other tools for data analysis.
- You’re a proven expert in creating, measuring, reporting on, and implementing A/B tests.
- You are an optimistic “yea-sayer.” Even if you may have to do all the work involved, you love new ideas. When a coworker proposes a new functionality that you’d have to build, you find the value in it, no matter how harebrained or impossible it may seem at first.
- Whatever you don’t know, you can learn. You’ve replaced “I don’t know” in your personal lexicon with “I’ll find out.”
- You are extraordinarily driven. Time doesn’t control you, you control it. Time-management? Please. More like time-domination.
- You are an excellent communicator. You easily and eagerly keep all relevant parties in the know about your projects.
- You’re a snob about the things you love…but you’re able to set that aside for the sake of experimentation.
- You are a team player. The idea of having a role in the company where numerous people are coming to you with projects they need you for is invigorating to you.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients, and leadership.
- You care deeply about user experience, and strive to build things people love.
- Innately technologically capable.
- Obvious natural interest in what’s new — in technology, publishing, web standards, and more.
- Strong working knowledge of…
- Excel and other Office products
- Google Drive
- Pivotal Tracker
- Inbox Zero
- History of sideways thinking.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…