Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an Audience Engagement Editor with experience in social media management, viral content creation, project management, and building teams. The Engagement Editor will have the unique opportunity to plan, build, and manage the Brainjolt social media department, overseeing audience growth and communication across multiple sites and channels.
The ideal candidate will be a proven social media professional who lives for finding out what’s next but is also a master of the more established social media channels. They will be a unique combination of people person and numbers obsessed who is eager to put their skills to work executing remarkable audience growth strategies across Brainjolt’s brands.
- Love social media. Don’t just be the team’s social media expert (which obviously you must be)…be the social media evangelist, too.
- Take a lead role in creating exciting social media strategies. Define audacious audience growth goals and create a roadmap to reach those goals.
- Grow and manage Brainjolt’s social media team.
- Create and post measurably awesome content across Brainjolt’s social media accounts, maintaining and strategically improving the “voice” of Brainjolt brands in the process.
- Drive organic traffic to Brainjolt properties through our social media accounts.
- Work with Traffic Acquisition Managers to drive organic traffic to Brainjolt properties through strategic partnerships and link sharing.
- Understand best practices. Use them. But never turn up your nose at clever tricks as you strategize new ways to grow social media followings and increase engagement.
- Stay absolutely up-to-date on Facebook (and other) algorithm updates and emerging trends in order to optimize for subject matter, frequency, and timing of posts.
- Understand our competitors and how they’re using social media. Imitate as necessary. Innovate beyond them.
- Train team members (both direct reports and others) who are using social media for Brainjolt. Make sure they’re on top of any changes in algorithms and general trends.
- Own all social analytics. Analyze audience behavior on Brainjolt’s sites and social platforms in order to see and share trends and then make informed recommendations for improving headlines, copy, images, and more.
- Provide audience insight to editorial teams to guide content creation.
- Make data-driven recommendations for Brainjolt as a whole based on the engagement patterns of social audiences.
- Perform regular audits of Brainjolt’s entire social media presence to ensure we are using every account as strategically as possible.
- Create engaging reports to track progress and present data.
- At least 3-5 years experience in social media strategy and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in a quantitative field.
- Excellent writing, proofreading skills, and editorial sensibilities. Ability to align with and adapt to Brainjolt’s various voices.
- Experience with — even obsession with — A/B testing.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven ability to work happily and effectively with all sorts of people.
- Active personal user of all major social media.
- Active personal user of new, up-and-coming social media.
- Exceedingly competent in Google Analytics.
- Exceedingly competent in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management, and presentation skills.
- A problem solver who is eager to bring big ideas to big problems and see what happens.
- Sideways thinker.
- No drama.