Director of Video
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an executive-level video producer with proven experience in viral content creation, branded content, people and project management, and building teams. The Director of Video has the unique opportunity to plan, build and manage the Brainjolt video department from the ground-up, overseeing video production and content excellence across multiple sites.
- Define and execute a rigorous, innovative, and ambitious video content strategy across Brainjolt’s brands.
- Take specific responsibility for the budget, monetization, and overall health of the Brainjolt video department.
- Happily and competently work both alone and as a team lead.
- Take responsibility for every video project from brainstorming ideas through to virality.
- Solve problems with video projects as they arise with proactive confidence.
- Convincingly pitch video ideas to company leadership and clients.
- Seek out and hire incredible video production teams. Recruit and retain top creative talent for the growing in-house video team as needed.
- Keep numerous projects moving forward simultaneously without breaking a sweat.
- Motivate contracted teams and in-house employees to do their best work and on deadline.
- Proactively ensure brand, client, and executive expectations are being met on each project.
- Maintain constant, personable, and clear communication with clients, company leadership, coworkers, and contractors.
- Maintain clear and accurate statements of work for every major video project.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop remarkable campaigns and pitch them to potential clients.
- Attend video shoots as needed (occasionally outside of the LA market).
- Maintain thorough notes of procedures and expectations in order to document general processes and guidelines for this growing department.
- Possess strong analytical skills to carry out a metrics-driven approach to content creation and report regularly to the executive team and the brands.
- Build strategic partnerships that will allow 22 Words to procure and use relevant third-party video content.
- You have at least 5-10 years of experience in journalistic video production, media publishing, or within an agency.
- You have at least 2-5 years of experience managing projects and people.
- You are proven. This role won’t be the first time you’ve led a major video initiative for an organization.
- You’ve built a career in video production and have held key leadership roles that taught you grace under pressure. You have a history of creating successful video content people want to share. You’ve grown massive Facebook and YouTube audiences with your content. You have experience monetizing content in the digital space.
- You track trends, not out of necessity, but from an insatiable curiosity for the future of your industry.
- You’ve kept ahead of emerging platforms and new forms of content distribution.
- You have strong creative instincts and lead with your deep experience in developing long and short-form video content. You are able to anticipate the needs of an audience — not with instinct alone, but through your interpretation of data and insights.
- You have expert knowledge of the equipment, software, and workflows involved in the video creation process from pre-production through to post-production.
- You possess a strong understanding of the digital video landscape, including the latest techniques for growing audience, distribution strategy, and cost-effectively shooting quality video, including producing ideas in multi-format video for all audiences: YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, and more.
- You are collaborative. It is essential that you happily work under pressure with all sorts of people. You have strong interpersonal skills and the deft ability to persuade but also to compromise when necessary.
- You’re a tech enthusiast. You don’t just say the word digital. You live it. You understand the nuances of digital video experiences, new media tools, and tech opportunities in a way that’s both practical and inspiring. Your understanding of the details guides your energetic approach to defining a clear, multifaceted strategy for video production.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re energized at building new processes and new capabilities in a fast-paced, self-starting culture.
- You’re a sideways thinker. You solve problems with an indirect and creative approach, using reasoning, data and insights.
- You hate drama. You’re ready to join a team of smart, driven peers united behind a common vision.