Digital Producer and Editor
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, people-focused Digital Producer and Editor to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 50 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, videos, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need a Digital Producer and Editor.
- Work closely with Brainjolt video and editorial teams to produce original and repurposed content for distribution across Brainjolt’s properties
- Edit video, produce graphics and work with content producers to execute projects
- Source and edit video clips
- Compose scripts for daily trending videos and story driven content
- Conceptualize and build graphic/titles for all videos
- Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions
- Strategically research concepts and sourced content
- Contribute in pitch meetings for daily stories and towards our creative calendar
- 1-4 years’ experience in video post-production and live show production
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, broadcast media or web production or related field preferred
- Thorough understanding of trending stories and stories with heart that would resonate across the Brainjolt brand
- Ability to edit video using Adobe Premiere software
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative cloud Suite, including After Effects, Photoshop, etc
- Strong writing skills required.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
- Efficient workflow and able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Experience with social media platforms essential
- Experience with effective short form content (30-180 seconds)
- No drama
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…