Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
Brainjolt wants to surprise and delight everyone who uses the Internet. In order to do that, we are constantly building new things, testing new features and exploring big ideas. As a Data Scientist on the product team, you’ll work cross-functionally to deliver actionable results and be a strategic partner in analytics assignments. The questions you’ll answer will help us unlock new opportunities to delight our users and accelerate growth.
- Work with our Product, Engineering, Editorial, Audience Development and Ad Operations teams to answer complex questions about users, advertisers, and revenue.
- Geek out on large datasets and generate insights from which business value can be ascertained.
- Architect, implement and maintain data stores. Provide thought leadership in best practices as it relates to the retrieval and analysis of sensitive data.
- Analyze and interpret metrics using data from a variety of sources, including 3rd party a iliates,
- influencer partners, programmatic ad networks, and data generated by user behavior.
- Design, develop and maintain global reports and visual dashboards.
- 3+ years of experience using quantitative data analysis to solve business problems
- Master of Ph.D. degree in Engineering or related quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science)
- Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics)
- Strong understanding of the principles and tools of statistics and machine learning
- Strong experience with statistics programming languages (R, Python)
- Strong experience building data visualizations, dashboards, and data presentations
- Experience building real-time data pipelines within high volume data environments
- Solid understanding of mobile data analysis tools and social media metrics
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Redshift
- Natural interest in what’s new
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, face-paced environment, drive change and collaborate e ective with
- A variety of individuals and teams • History of sideways thinking
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- No drama
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…