Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
Brainjolt is looking for a clever, enthusiastic, self-motivated Creative Assistant to support the work of the Brainjolt creative team as they strive to surprise and delight the internet. The right person is creative, of course, but not at the cost of being process-oriented, highly organized, and data-driven. They are detail-oriented to the point of nitpicking, but are also easygoing and easy to manage. They’re confident in their decisions but eager to pivot. They are a doer. Additionally, they are practical, not an idealist or an ideologue.
The Creative Assistant should have basic experience in editorial, social media, blogging, project management, and administrative tasks.
So, let’s get into the details…
- Prepare content for publication and social sharing.
- Enter galleries, quizzes, and articles into our CMS.
- Curate and prep photos for galleries, quizzes, and posts.
- Curate trending stories and social posts.
- Write posts and video scripts as needed.
- Design images for social posts and testing as needed.
- Proofread editorial, social, and video content as needed.
- Assist with project tracking.
- Assist with team communications (emails, meetings, task mgmt, etc).
- Assist with video testing.
- Coordinate the internal creative team’s schedule.
- Coordinate content with our team of freelancers.
- Interact with our audience online in a voice that positively represents Brainjolt.
- Data entry.
- Basic data analysis.
- Assist the Editor-in-Chief as necessary
- Mac platform
- G-suite — Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets (Excel), Calendar, etc.
- Google Analytics
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (and their respective insights)
- Rudimentary HTML
- 1+ years working in a media-related environment preferred
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So, in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer