Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Commerce / Affiliate Editor to strategize new affiliate posts for 22 Words as well as an exciting new brand. The ideal candidate is a driven, flexible self-starter, and a mix of creative and engineer — a kickass writer with an obsession for data.
- Research various products, gadgets, and accessories that would be interesting and useful to our readers.
- Write stories and make product recommendations while ensuring the Brainjolt voice is consistent.
- Keep up to date with shopping trends and on top of product deals.
- Source exclusive deals and generate revenue through affiliate programs.
- Consider reader feedback when cultivating ideas for future articles and product recommendations.
- Refer to analytics tools and data to track performance and drive future editorial strategies.
- At least 2 years of experience in affiliate marketing.
- Expert in the affiliate space — you know the players, the programs, the techniques.
- Stellar writing and communication skills.
- Persuasive sales skills.
- Passion for shopping, cool gadgets, helpful apps, unique retailers, and finding good deals.
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, Facebook, Google Drive & Analytics.
- SEO writing a big plus.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and change course when necessary.
- Solid understanding of Brainjolt’s audience and writing style.
- Passion for new ideas, new products, and current trends.
- History of sideways thinking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Happily work under pressure with all sorts of people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.