Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for exceptional Brand Strategists to take ownership of our various online brands (22 Words, Magiquiz, Happiness Heroes, Bad Parenting Moments). Strategists will bring these brands to the next level by improving the user experience and implementing exciting innovations that will make users happy and make the competition need to play catch-up.
This position requires a mix of charisma and strategic thinking… combined with a remarkable ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will understand all aspects of maintaining and growing a massive, consumer-facing website and brand. This includes at minimum data analysis, design, development, testing, QA, editorial, social media, and marketing.
- Take specific and total responsibility for all aspects of making your brands successful.
- Proactively solve problems with revenue, editorial/social/video, audience development, product, etc. as they arise with confidence.
- Define an exciting, profitable, user-centric vision for your brands and develop the roadmap that will take us there.
- Keep numerous projects moving forward simultaneously without breaking a sweat.
- Proactively manage project schedules, making sure everyone involved know their tasks and deadlines.
- Make sure brand, client, and executive expectations are being met on each project.
- Maintain constant, personable, and clear communication with clients, company leadership, coworkers, and contractors.
- Work closely and with in-house teams and contractors on all aspects of website changes and innovation.
- Collaborate with sales to ensure we are creating a salable products within your brands.
- Define success for every project and then track the relevant metrics.
- Oversee thorough QA with product launches. Ensure any bugs are fixed quickly.
- Track our competition. Understand their success.
- Stay deep in the data. Make strategic decisions based on the numbers.
- Maintain thorough notes of procedures and expectations in order to document general processes and guidelines for this growing department.
- Do whatever it takes to make your brands exceptional and awesome.
- At least 3 years of experience in the digital media industry.
- At least 1 year of product management experience.
- Passion for new ideas, new products, and current trends.
- Passion for productivity and project management methodologies.
- Proven success in moving digital projects through all stages — conception, design, development, testing, and finally shipping.
- Experience creating or managing the creation of strategic, consumer-facing content.
- Understanding of user interface design and user testing best practices.
- Highly quantitative. Enjoy analyzing user data – lots of it!
- Experience running AB tests and then implementing amazing new ideas based on the data.
- History of sideways thinking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Happily work under pressure with all sorts of people.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- No drama.