Audience Development Manager
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, Audience Development Manager to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an Audience Development Manager.
So, let’s get into the details…
- Testing multiple social ads (Facebook, Pinterest, etc) to find optimal CTR and CPC.
- Update budgets for all paid ads based on CPC targets
- Creating and monitoring hundreds of social ad campaigns based on your testing.
- Maintaining happy and effective relationships with traffic partners.
- Seeking out new traffic partners and negotiating new relationships.
- Audit tool sets for scheduling, moderation and programming so we’re always up-to-date with the best in class
- Communicate and understand the team’s concerns, business needs and constraints to internal and external partners
- Expand and diversify our audience across platforms through paid and organic means
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve audience growth, marketing objectives and goals
- Brainstorming the next big way 22 Words will drown in tidal waves of new traffic.
- 3+ years of experience managing digital marketing campaigns
- Experience placing and managing a variety of online media campaigns (banner, social media, advertorials, native, etc.). Programmatic Advertising
- Experience with various deal structures including CPM, CPC, and CPL.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational abilities
- Familiarity with trafficking, tracking, and attribution
- Must be detail oriented
Familiarity with various social and digital reporting tools, including platforms directly
- Paid media experience on Facebook, Instagram
- Track record of championing a culture of data-informed decision making and operations
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So, in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer