Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, Art Director to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an Art Director.
So, let’s get into the details…
- Execute across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and testing) for all of our current and future brands
- Act as brand guardian, responsible for brand guidelines and communicating updates, changes and best practices to the team
- Design for our web, marketing, sales and editorial departments
- Drive measurable growth and engagement in our audience by creating engaging, innovative experiences
- Understand and respond to performance data, allowing results to influence future creative direction
- Create and propose ideas that will elevate our brands and advance the Brainjolt mission
- Collaborate with different teams to advocate for design excellence
- Confidently present work and supporting rationale to your team and the company
- Be a master of organization, provide timelines for projects and deliver on-time
- Mentor and guide other designers on the team
- Design and run user testing sessions, focus groups and workshops
- 5+ years designing for web, mobile and/or digital products
- Provide both design oversight and hands-on creation of highly crafted user experience and visual design deliverables, including wifeframes, customer journeys, personas, concepts, and screen designs
- Strong experience with rapid prototyping (from white boarding and paper to using tools such as Invision, Pixate, and Axure)
- Master of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- You don’t need any hand holding, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work iteratively in a highly Agile environment
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects – managing tasks and meeting deadlines and avoiding undue stress
- A passion for design and technology with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of UI/UX (Product Design), IA and HCI
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with employees, peers, contractors, clients and leadership
- A strong portfolio (either on Dribbble or your own website) showcasing work on branding, mobile, web and marketing assets
- In order to be considered for this role: You must send a cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate for the role, what you bring to the table, and your favorite book related to design (you like The Design of Everyday Things? So do we).
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…