Ad Ops Manager
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
Who We’re Looking For
Brainjolt is looking for an Ad Operations Manager responsible for the strategic planning, placement and optimization of campaigns across the Brainjolt Digital Media Ad Stack. The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the programmatic ecosystem to help develop, grow and support Brainjolt’s Ad Operations strategy. As the Ad Ops Manager, you will develop and drive creative solutions to deliver results for our clients and revenue growth for our fast-growing business. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of all Ad Operations, and consulting on programmatic trading.
- Consulting with Director of Revenue and Sales Director(s) on how to best utilize manage the day-to-day requirements related to Ad Operations, Reporting and Yield Optimization efforts.
- Providing leadership at both the operational and strategic level for Direct and Non-Direct opportunities.
- Managing existing/new relationships and engaging demand-side vendors to expand revenue streams.
- Managing client relationships (Trading Desks) and campaigns (client teams) while addressing day to day needs of our audience targeting operation (display stack); upselling as appropriate.
- Driving innovative ways to leverage first and third party data sets both onsite and offsite to increase sales opportunities and improve campaign performance.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with demand-side partners.
- Identifying and evaluating the right partners to help activate data assets in the display, video and mobile exchanges.
- Developing, optimizing and recommending new audience segments to capitalize on market demand and our data management platform (DMP) supply.
- Identifying valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc.
- Maximizing onsite yield management through various indirect monetization opportunities.
- Manage channel conflict, optimize daisy chain for best risk/reward scenarios.
- On-going analysis of new digital advertising technologies and evolution of the programmatic platform, making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Trafficking and reporting of campaigns (scheduling & delivery, fill, revenue and analysis).
- All revenue reporting across revenue stack.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of Ad Operations experience building/evolving the programmatic platform and managing monetization across multiple programmatic channels along with Direct Sales.
- Measureable success developing programmatic strategies and managing strategic partnerships.
- Knowledge of data management technologies and third party data sources and platforms.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills; and a zest for optimization.
- Expert-level understanding of exchanges, RTB, and programmatic buying.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals and driving new business with third party vendors, trading desks, and DSPs.
- Extensive experience with Header Bidding strategies and ad stack technologies.
- Desire to continually develop and discover new opportunities in the ever-changing display ecosystem.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter with a results driven mindset.