Ad Operations Analyst
Brainjolt is a fast-growing, completely revenue-funded new media company based out of Los Angeles that blends “engagement agency” with “viral network” to bring smile-inducing content to huge, happy audiences across the internet.
We are a small team of scrappy yet professional, hard-working learners. And we’re looking for more like-minded, entrepreneurial talent. Also, our benefits aren't half bad.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
In our ongoing efforts to create evocative content that millions of people love and share, Brainjolt is on the hunt for an entrepreneurially driven, freakishly organized, Ad Operations Analyst to play a key role in pushing the business forward.
Brainjolt currently reaches 80 million unique readers a month across our sites and millions more on social media and through video. These high-level numbers (as well as slightly more granular data like time-on-site, share percentage, pages-per-session, etc) all point to one thing:
People love our engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and social content.
But there’s more to achieve. And for that we need an Ad Operations Analyst.
So, let’s get into the details…
Brainjolt is looking for Ad Operations Analyst responsible for supporting the strategic planning, placement and optimization of campaigns across the Brainjolt Digital Media Ad Stack. The successful candidate will have a baseline understanding of the programmatic ecosystem to help develop, grow and support Brainjolt’s Ad Operations strategy. As the Ad Operations Analyst, you will provide insights to revenue optimization and discover ways to automate the reporting and analytics process.
- Consulting with AdOp’s Leader and Sales Director(s) on how to best manage the day-to-day requirements related to Ad Operations, Reporting and Yield Optimization efforts.
- Supporting existing/new relationships and engaging demand-side vendors to expand revenue streams.
- Managing client relationships (Trading Desks) and campaigns (client teams) while addressing day to day needs of our audience targeting operation (display stack); upselling as appropriate.
- Identifying and evaluating the right partners to help activate data assets in the display, video and mobile exchanges via a deep understanding of our data.
- Analyzing valuable opportunities with DSPs, agency trading desks, etc.
- Maximizing onsite yield management through various indirect monetization opportunities.
- On-going analysis of new digital advertising technologies and evolution of the programmatic platform, making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Trafficking and reporting of campaigns (scheduling & delivery, fill, revenue and analysis).
- Support all revenue reporting across revenue stack.
Here is a completely inadequate attempt to describe how we’re currently picturing the “right person”…
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of Ad Operations experience building/evolving the programmatic platform.
- Measurable success developing programmatic strategies and managing strategic partnerships.
- Familiar with DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, Ad Networks, Ad-Server, etc.
- Strong foundation in Excel/data modeling with experience in aggregating 1st and 3rd party data
- Foundational experience with Header Bidding strategies and ad stack technologies.
- Desire to continually develop and discover new opportunities in the ever-changing display ecosystem.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- A self-starter with a results driven mindset.
- No drama.
There’s more, but we’ll stop there.
We are fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environment that empowers (and then expects) our people to work hard, often independently, and to drive results that directly impact the business. To continue to do this, we need people on the team who are up to the task. People who live our core values naturally and not just to keep their job.
These core values are the real answer to the question Why Brainjolt? And they can be summed up in one word: BECAUSE.
- Brilliance — Your life is optimized for inspiration. You have brainjolts every day.
- Expertise — You own your area and excel in your field.
- Curiosity — You are always learning.
- Analysis — You are devoted to the numbers. You test everything.
- Urgency — You are driven. You have hustle. You are biased toward action.
- Scrappiness — You are strategic to the point of sly. You are occasionally cunning.
- Enthusiasm — You love your work. You love these values. You are inspiring and inspirable.
Since early on, our tagline at 22 Words has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience there, but for our team, too. So in addition to offering basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support our team’s continued personal success and happiness.
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, and Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal and business-related book budgets
- Coffee and beer
- And more…